POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ball of rings : Re: My bounding problem? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 07:28:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My bounding problem?
From: Hugo Asm
Date: 1 Dec 2003 16:37:58
Message: <3fcbb4b6$1@news.povray.org>
> You or I could write a meshing algorithm specifically for snow

Would probably be a good idea ... maybe even an isosurface would be quicker.
My rendering is *still* running and it's been another 2 days since my last
post. I can see that it's still going to take many hours to complete!
Although I think my image looks nice, it's not worth burning off *that* many
cpu-cycles.

I think, there are some plugins in some commercial modellers that can add
snow or dirt to a mesh.. If anyone knows more about this, I would be
interested since I couldn't find enough information on google.

Regards,
Hugo